Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "Share Links" Added for Theaters to Make Facebook / Social Media Links Easier [6/9]
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
The Top Box Office Movies page in Now Showing has just been improved with several new features!
- The Top 10 Movies are Listed
Instead of just the top five movies, we are now listing the top ten movies in the weekend box office rankings. This provides a little more insight into how each movie stacks up against the competition and it allows some smaller releases that are doing well to be listed.
- More Numbers for Each Movie
We have added more statistics, so you can see how each movie in the list was distributed, how it performed in the theaters it was in, and how those numbers compare to last week. Here is a complete list of the stats we now track:
- Last Weekend's Rank
- Weekend Box Office Results
- Weekend Box Office Results per Theater
- Box Office Change from Last Weekend
- Cumulative Box Office Results
- Number of Theaters Playing
- Change in Number of Theaters from Last Weekend
- Number of Weeks in Release
- Daily Updates
Instead of a weekly update that usually happened anywhere between Tuesday and Thursday, the box office results will be updated daily with any new information that is available. Estimates are published on Monday and Tuesday, with final results coming in on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Now that we have this new system set up, we'll be supplying historical statistics as well. You'll be able to go back through each weekend's results and see how a movie has done from weekend to weekend. We may also use that information for some interesting displays on the movie pages as well.
So, go on over to the Top Box Office Movies page and check out the new features!
As always, please let us know what you think of this and other features on our site by using our Feedback Form. If you have some ideas for how you would like us to display this inforamtion, let us know! You might just get what you wish for...
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.