Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Pickerington Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
Marcus Theatres has announced that the UltraScreen installation at the Marcus Cinema Pickerington in Pickerington, Ohio will be open for business on Friday, December 21, 2007. This 400-screen auditorium will be Marcus' eleventh UltraScreen, which is their label for an installation which includes a screen 70+ feet wide and other amenities.
The first movie to play in the new UltraScreen will be "National Treasure: Book of Secrets."
"Pickerington moviegoers will experience the magic of the movies on a screen that is almost three-stories tall and three-times wider than the typical movie screen," said Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres®. "Audiences will see the latest Hollywood blockbusters with unbelievably cutting-edge, crystal clear, sharp images on a gigantic screen. The UltraScreen takes moviegoing to a totally new level of excitement and entertainment that can never be experienced at home," said Olson.
"Not only will audiences be able to see the latest Hollywood movies in sharp, bright detail, they will also be able to hear movies as they have never heard them before. A remarkable state-of-the-art digital sound system will be an impressive feature of the new UltraScreen for the most incredibly lifelike and dynamic digital sound possible. The new sound system features Crown International’s innovative Digital B-Chain™ and JBL Professional’s Academy Award® winning ScreenArray® cinema system. Marcus Theatres has brought these systems together to create a cinema audio experience that is the first of its kind at any theatre in North America," added Olson.
"The UltraScreen will stretch from wall-to-wall and will completely engage audiences in the moviegoing experience. Sink into our comfortable memory foam seats or doublewide Love Seats, stretch your legs in the wide space between rows and watch the best movies Hollywood has to offer. Moviegoers from throughout the Pickerington and southeast Columbus areas will now be able to discover the magical moviegoing experience provided by our UltraScreen," said Olson.
According to the Marcus Theatres press release, other UltraScreens are located at:
- Marcus Majestic - Waukesha, WI
- Marcus Oakdale Ultrascreen Cinema - Oakdale, MN
- Marcus Cinema at the Renaissance - Sturtevant, WI
- Marcus Hollywood - Grand Chute, WI
- Marcus Point - Madison, WI
- Marcus Elgin Fox Theatre - Elgin, IL
- Marcus Cinema - Crosswoods Center - Columbus, OH
- Marcus West Acres - Fargo, ND
- Marcus Crossroads Waterloo - Waterloo, IA
I posted the original announcement of this addition back on August 30, 2006, where Marcus stated that the UltraScreen would be opening in May 2007. No reason for the delay was given in the press release.
Marcus Theatres owns and operates 50 locations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio, North Dakota, and Iowa.
Source: Marcus Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.