Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- 27 Dresses 
Add Your Comments
- San Diego, CA: Angelika Film Center & Cafe to Open October 9, 2015 [10/2]
- La Jolla, CA: Movies Come to The LOT [10/2]
- Rochester, MN: Wehrenberg Rochester Galaxy 14 Cine Getting IMAX, Losing Mega Screen [9/30]
- Duncansville, PA: Carmike 12 - Altoona Opens October 1, 2015 [9/30]
- Bellevue, WA: AMC Loews Factoria 8 Closed Temporarily for Seating Upgrades [9/29]
- Appleton, WI: Marcus Valley Value Cinema Closed [9/24]
- Renton, WA: Regal East Valley 13 Closed, Building Sold to CarMax [9/23]
- Camillus, NY: Movie Tavern Breaks Ground, Plans May 2016 Opening [9/21]
- Flourtown, PA: Movie Tavern Flourtown Opens [9/21]
- Encino, CA: Laemmle's Town Center 5 Closed Until October 2, 2015 for Renovations [9/19]
According to the Hollywood Reporter, movie studio 20th Century Fox is planning to dress models in a special bridesmaid dress at 27 theaters across the country in connection with their upcoming release "27 Dresses," starring Katherine Heigl. They will appear at advanced showings of the movie on December 27, 2007.
The dress will be similar to the one that Heigl wears in the poster art for the movie (seen at the left). There was no mention about which theaters will be participating in this promotion. Update: I found a press release, which shows a model on a stand wearing the dress (see below). A larger version of that photo, and others, is available on the Photo Galleries page for the movie.
In "27 Dresses," Heigl plays an idealistic, romantic and completely selfless perennial bridesmaid whose own happy ending is nowhere in sight. But when her younger sister captures the heart of Jane's boss — with whom she is secretly in love - Jane begins to reexamine her "always-a-bridesmaid..." lifestyle.
The movie opens in theaters across the country on January 11, 2008. For more information, please see its Information Page.
Thanks to Ron H. for bringing this story to our attention!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.