Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 
Add Your Comments
- Larchmont, NY: Bow Tie Larchmont Playhouse Closed [9/26]
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
Anyone who lived through the mid-80's will most likely remember the sounds of Alvin, Simon, and Theodore rocking their way through popular Christmas tunes. If the memory had faded but this mention has now brought those repressed items to the forefront of your consciousness, I apologize...
Alvin and the boys are back with the release of their recent movie Alvin and the Chipmunks, and it's been doing quite well. The movie opened on December 14th, and here we are four weeks later, and it's the #4 movie in last weekend's box office! The reviews have been pretty good, with our readers giving it all "See Now!" ratings except for one person that questioned Jason Lee's financial needs, and my neice and nephew really liked it as well.
Perhaps that's why the soundtrack for the movie has now climbed into the Top 15 of Billboard's Top 200 Album Chart. According to a recent press releas:
This week the soundtrack climbs to #13 on the Billboard Top 200 Album chart, #2 on the Billboard Soundtrack chart, and #5 on the Billboard Digital Sales chart. The album has sustained unparalleled digital sales and remains in the top 10 on the iTunes Top Album chart (climbing as high as #2 earlier this week)! Cumulative sales for individual tracks from the soundtrack are fast approaching 1 million.
Celebrating their sixth decade on the charts, the Chipmunks are also the only artist with four songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week, with more songs charting than Kanye West, Rihanna and Alicia Keys.
My first reaction when hearing of this movie was to keep my distance, but based on the positive buzz that I've been hearing, maybe it wouldn't be a bad choice for fun entertainment.
The original motion picture soundtrack showcases the Chipmunks’ signature sound and modern takes on rock, pop, reggae and hip hop, produced by Ali Dee (Mya, Shakira). Included among the songs are renditions of classics such as "Funkytown," "Witch Doctor," and "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)". Stand out new songs include "Get Munk'd," "Coast to Coast," "Follow Me Now," as well as a cover of the Top 40 hit "Bad Day."
If you are interested in hearing song samples, and purchasing the album or individual songs from it, check out the Amazon.com and iTunes links below:
Alvin and the Chipmunks Soundtrack
If you wake up at night with "Funkytown" stuck in your head, don't blame me...
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.