Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Star Council Bluffs 17 & IMAX
Council Bluffs, IA
- AMC Star Dubuque 14
- AMC Star Fitchburg 18 & IMAX
- Star Cinema - IMAX Madison
- AMC Star Johnson Creek 12
Johnson Creek, WI
- AMC Desert Star 15
Lake Delton, WI
- Prairie Cinema
Prairie du Chien, WI
- Star Cinema Reedsburg
Add Your Comments
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
|The Star Cinema in Johnson Creek, Wisconsin. Copyright © 2006, SVJ Designs, LLC All Rights Reserved|
Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres, LLC has reached an agreement with AGT Enterprises, Inc./Star Iowa, LLC to purchase six Star Cinemas locations in Wisconsin and Iowa. The transaction is due to be completed on January 31, 2008.
The Star Cinemas locations are:
- Fitchburg, Wisconsin
- Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
- Lake Delton, Wisconsin
- Reedsburg, Wisconsin
- Dubuque, Iowa
- Council Bluffs, Iowa
Star Cinema will keep its Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin location, according to the press release (which is included below).
After the sale, Kerasotes will operate 101 theaters with 947 screens in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Colorado and Wisconsin.
KERASOTES SHOWPLACE THEATRES TO ACQUIRE STAR CINEMAS IN WISCONSIN AND IOWA
Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres, LLC has reached an agreement with AGT Enterprises, Inc./Star Iowa, LLC to purchase six theatres in Wisconsin and Iowa. Star Cinemas, located in Fitchburg, Johnson Creek, Lake Delton, and Reedsburg, Wisconsin along with Dubuque and Council Bluffs, Iowa, will be acquired in the transaction scheduled to close on January 31, 2008. However, AGT will retain the Star Cinema in Prairie du Chien, WI.
"Star Cinemas are top quality, beautifully themed multiplexes that will be a wonderful addition to our company. The theatres are both a great fit geographically and culturally. The Adamany family and our company share the common goal of providing industry leading movie going experiences for our guests. We are looking forward to integrating these six fine theatres and their dedicated staffs into our organization," said Dean Kerasotes, Chief Operating Officer.
"Kerasotes runs great theaters and shares many of the values that have helped to make Star Cinemas one of the top theater circuits in Wisconsin and Iowa. We're pleased that a company with such high standards as Kerasotes' will be continuing the movie going tradition in these six communities", said Bill Adamany Jr., co-owner of AGT/Star-Iowa.
About Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres, LLC
Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres, LLC is the sixth largest motion picture exhibitor in the United States. Founded in 1909, the company grew from a single store front nickelodeon in Springfield, Illinois to one of the industry's premier companies. Based in Chicago, Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres is managed by third generation family, Tony and Dean Kerasotes, who have directed the company's aggressive growth since the late 1980's. With the addition of the Star Cinemas, Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres will operate 101 theatres with 947 screens in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Colorado and Wisconsin.
About AGT Enterprises/Star Iowa
Founded in 1982 and based in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, AGT Enterprises, Inc./ Star Iowa, LLC currently owns and operates 87 screens in Wisconsin and Iowa, including an IMAX screen in Madison, Wisconsin and one currently under construction in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Star Cinemas are known for elaborately themed lobbies, three lane drive through canopies protecting guests from inclement weather and other amenities such as high back rocking love seats, wall to wall curved screens and digital sound. AGT is the second largest theater operator in Wisconsin and ranks among the top 50 largest theater circuits nationally.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.