Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Looking Back at "The Devil Wears Prada" 10 Years Later [6/25]
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [2/18]
- Watch a Documentary About Making "The Revenant" [2/4]
- New York, NY: Martin Scorcese and Others Pay Their Respects to the Now-Closed Ziegfeld Theater [1/29]
- "The Revenant: The IMAX Experience" in Select Theaters Starting January 14, 2016 [1/14]
An interview of Robert Redford by Dan Rather will be aired tonight on HDNet, where the two discuss the role of politics in the election race, and examine the junction between movie and message, exploring new film depictions of war, the economy, race, immigration, and the environment—all issues at the top of the political agenda. The interview took place at Redford's Sundance Film Festival, being held right now in Park City, Utah.
Rather interviews Sundance founder and film legend Robert Redford; film reviewer/filmmaker Elvis Mitchell; Lionsgate Entertainment's President of Theatrical Films, Tom Ortenberg; and compiles a panel of directors whose films are in currently in competition at Sundance including Neil Abramson (American Son), Courtney Hunt (Frozen River), and Josh Tickell (Fields of Fuel).
"Dan Rather Reports on Politics: The Hollywood Influence" will premiere on HDNet, Tuesday, January 22 at 8:00 p.m. ET with a re-air 11:00 p.m. ET to accommodate West Coast Prime Time.
Click the Read link below to visit the web site for the "Dan Rather Reports" show.
Source: HDNet Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.