Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
BBC News is reporting that the next James Bond movie now has an official title: Quantum of Solace.
The title is taken from one of a collection of short stories published by 007 creator Ian Fleming in 1960.
The new film, which will see Daniel Craig reprise his role as the iconic British agent, will also feature Ukrainian actress Olga Kurylenko.
At a press conference at the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, England, where the movie is being shot, reporters were shown a minute of footage from the movie featuring Daniel Craig as Bond and Judi Dench as M.
Craig's first turn in the role of Bond was in 2006's Casino Royale, which is largely considered to be the movie that breathed new life into the franchise that is now filming its 22nd installment. Dench first played M in Goldeneye, which I think is the best of the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies.
The BBC News article says that Olga Kurylenko will play a different kind of Bond girl. Her character of Camille is driven by revenge and is a fighter, according to the actress. Actress Gemma Arterton will play an MI6 agent that gets involved with Bond, and a previous BBC News article in December identified French actor Mathieu Amalric as playing villain Jean-Dominique Bauby, a writer left paralyzed by a stroke who can only communicate by blinking his left eye.
Quantum of Solace is scheduled to open in theaters on November 7th, 2008. For more information about the movie, please see the Information Page, where we will place any new information we get, including cast additions, plot summary, links to videos, and more.
Thanks to reader Ron H. for pointing us to this news!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.